The photos contained within this report, have been edited to remove ONLY uniquiely identifiable items to protect the home and it's occupants.
No other edits have been made.

SMP Event:
  • Private Residence: Cambridge, MD 21613
  • Case#: 20070901CaMD
Date and Time:
  • 01-Sep-2007
  • 10:00pm - 2:00am
Members in Attendance:
  • Chris, Don, Rob & Steve
  • 7 Digital Audio Recorders
    • 1 Olympus VN-480pc
    • 3 Olympus WS-100
    • 1 Sony ICDP-P320
    • 1 Olympus VN-2100
    • 1 Sandisk Sansa MP3 Player/Recorder M-230
  • 1 Toshiba 2.0GHz laptop Recording Audio
  • 1 IBM 2.4GHz laptop Recording Audio via
    • 2 Shure PGX Wireless Audio Receiver systems w/ microphones
  • 1 Custom IR Light emitters
  • 1 4-channel DVR surveillance system w/
    • 290GB Storage system
    • 17" Flat panel LCD display
    • 3 - 0-Lux IR 1/3" CCD 420-line CCTV Cameras
    • 1 - 0-Lux IR 1/3" CCD 480-line CCTV Cameras
    • 1 17" NEC flat panel monitor
  • 1 ConvertX Digital Video Converter recording w/
    • 3 - 0-Lux IR 1/3" CCD 420-line CCTV Cameras
  • 1 Omega Thermocouple Digital Thermometer inc.
    • Type 'T' Thermocouple Air probe on
    • 18" probe wand
  • 1 Extech Digital EMF Meter
  • 1 AW-Spurry Digital EMF Meter
  • 1 Kodak EasyShare 4.0MP Digital Camera
  • 1 Nikon Cool Pix 4300 4.0MP Digital Camera
  • 1 Tripod
  • 1 Clock/Thermometer/Hygrometer home base device
  • 2 Rayovac Headlamps
  • 2 - 2-Way, 2-Mile Radios
  • 2 - 2-Way, 8-Mile Radios w/ license
Weather Conditions:
  • Skies: Clear to partly cloudy
  • Wind: N-NE 4.6 to 18.4mph

    Time: Temperature: Dew Point: Humidity: Pressure:
    8:30pm 69.8F 53.6F 56% 30.18"-
    9:13pm 64.4F 53.6F 68% 30.20"↑
    9:56pm 68.0F55.4F 64% 30.20"-
    10:17pm 64.4F 55.4F 73% 30.20"-
    10:38pm 64.4F 55.4F 73% 30.20"-
    10:59pm 66.2F 55.4F 68% 30.20"-
    11:21pm 62.6F 55.4F 77% 30.20"-
    11:42pm 60.8F 53.6F 77% 30.21"↑
    12:03am 60.8F 53.6F 77% 30.21"-
    12:43am 59.0F 53.6F 82% 30.22"↑
    1:06am 59.0F 53.6F 82% 30.22"-
    1:50pm 59.0F 53.6F 82% 30.23"↑
    2:32pm 59.0F 55.4F 88% 30.23"-
    2:52pm 60.8F 55.4F 82% 30.23"-
    3:15pm 60.8F 55.4F 82% 30.23"-
    3:34pm 60.8F 55.4F 82% 30.23"-

    * The times above in orange are during the investigation
Baseline Readings in the Home:
    Location: Hi Temp: Low Temp: EMF: Humidity: Dew Point:
    Little Girl's Room 71.4F 71.3F .00-.03 N/A N/A
    Community Bathroom 72.0F 71.6F .00-.03 N/A N/A
    Playroom 72.0F 71.3F flat N/A N/A
    Playroom Doorway 71.2F N/A .02-.07 N/A N/A
    Aquarium 72.6F N/A 1.1-1.4 N/A N/A
    Front Door 72.9F N/A .00-.01 N/A N/A
    Living Room N/A N/A .00-.01 N/A N/A
    Kitchen 72.7F N/A .00-.47 N/A N/A
    Stove Area 73.0F N/A .64 N/A N/A
    Master Bedroom 72.8F N/A N/A N/A N/A

    ** This was a spike at the refrigerator
Reported Activity:
  • Activity started during construction
  • Radio has changed stations on its own
  • A child's hand prints seen behind protective plastic during house construction
  • Dark figure of a man seen standing in doorway and peering into window
  • Footsteps heard throughout the house and on the front porch
  • Stove turned(rolled) over
  • Daughter has seen a mean, little boy
  • A woman's voice has been heard in the house and surrounding field when no one was around
  • A child's toy unicorn, which has touch-sound activation, has repeatedly activated on its own
  • Trash can has tipped over when house while house was secured
Some History of the Property:
  • Elizabeth Lookerman (passes and from a will dated September 7, 1831 leaves the property to her son)
  • Washington Lookerman (owner from sometime after 1831 until his death. His son is the heir)
  • Francis Lookerman (sells property February 22, 1854 to cover payment owed by his father)
  • Gabriel Lake & George Austin (sell to John Staplefort September 16, 1865)
  • John Staplefort (passes and his heirs sell to Samuel & Thomas Edward McBride February 10, 1896)
  • Thomas Edward McBride & wife (sell to J. Irving McBride for $1 November 17, 1897)
  • Thomas Edward McBride & wife (sell lot known as Aireys Lot to Columbus J. Willey May 14th 1898)
  • Thomas Edward McBride & wife (sell to J. Irving McBride land known as Indian Bone Farm February 2, 1907)
  • J. Irving McBride (passes and both tracts of land convey to J. Howard Philips & Wife)
  • J. Howard Philips & Wife (sell both tracts of land to Reginald E. Hopkins & Wife April 30th, 1941)
  • Isabelle Hopkins (conveys in trust to Mary E. Hopkins of Middlesex, England June 27, 1990)
  • Isabelle Hopkins (passes and land conveys to Edward B. Fleming, Jr. & Brenda W. Fleming August 19, 1997)
Investigation Summary:
    On the night of September 1st, 2007 SMP investigated a Private Residence in Cambridge, Maryland. We arrived at location at approximately 8:30pm. We met with our clients and began setting up the equipment. The weather was relatively nice for the first day of September. The sky was clear and there seemed to be little if any wind. During the set up we had a chance to chat with the clients and some of their friends. They expressed their feelings as to where the hot-spots were in the house and we made it a point to focus on those areas during the investigation.

    After a few technical difficulties during set up, we began the investigation. Steve and Chris went in first to get baseline readings and a 'feel' for the house. Don stayed at home base with Rob and took notes of any significant happenings either on the DVR or at the location itself. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at this time, although we did note that it was starting to get colder and damp as the evening progressed.

    An hour or so had gone by when Steve and Chris emerged from the house. Don & Rob reported nothing out of the ordinary. At this point, Rob and Don ventured into the house with the intent of doing some EVP work in a particular bedroom where a lot of activity was reported. They headed in, sat down, and let things happen. It was agreed that Don would do the EVP work. Don began asking questions. They noticed some bangs during this time where the source could not be identified. Don thought for a moment during the session that he had seen his recorder moving back and forth. His recorder was sitting on the floor next to him. This however, could have just been his eyes playing tricks on him. After about 45-50 minutes of EVP work, they left the room and took a venture through the house. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at this time and shortly thereafter they exited the house.

    Steve and Chris went in again to do some EVP work in a different area of the house where activity had been reported. During this time Don noted that he and Rob heard some weird grunting noises coming from woods that were adjacent to the house. It was presumed at a later time that these noises were deer that have often been seen in those woods. While Steve and Chris were in the house, they radioed out to us that they thought they were hearing some things from outside of the house. Rob and Don did a quick search around the perimeter of the house and nothing seemed to turn up other than a cat that was walking around. Rob and Don returned to home base and continued monitoring the DVR system. Shortly after, Steve and Chris again emerged from the house and it was concluded that we'd wrap up for the night.

Investigation Photos:
  • Homebase:

    Rob monitoring homebase

    Rob monitoring homebase #2

    Rob monitoring homebase #3

    Steve coordinating on the phone
    The investigation location:

    Chris checks the master bedroom

    The back door

    The kitchen area

    Combination Living area and kitchen

    The playroom

    The Master Bedroom

    The girl's room

    A second of the girl's room
    One of the more curious reports of activity surrounded the toy unicorn in the photo above. At random times, the unicorn would turn on, play music and respond as if someone were playing with it. No one was near the toy when it activated. The batteries were replaced several times as weak batteries are known, from time-to-time, to cause toys to perform differently then they were manufactured and programmed. Part of our investigation was spent in an attempt to get the toy to activate in ways it was not intended to function. The investigators bumped the toy with their hands and against the wall, as a child would when putting it away. Investigators walked and stomped on the floor around the toy. They bumped the furniture on which the toy was resting as well as bumping the wall in the other room next to the toy. At no point did the toy activiate unless the button was pressed, as the manufacturer had intended the toy to be used.
    Here, we tested to see the potential of an anomaly in the mirror in the girl's room:
    This photo is not paranormal in the least. It shows us the potential of seeing a photo of an investigator and perhaps considering it as anything other than such.
Personal Experiences:
  • Don - "After the brief technical issues at the offset, this investigation continued without a hitch. Our clients were very nice and we were very grateful for their hospitality. We worked great together and I feel like we covered the location the best that we possibly could."

  • Steve - "After having spent the evening in the home, much of what I experienced, seemed to be the new home settling and shifting as temperatures and humidity levels changed. EMF was high at the panel box, dryer and freezer. This is to be expected. The folks were wonderful, and have been a pleasure to serve."
  • We have reviewed all Audio, Video and photo footage of the evening's investigation
  • After carefully reviewing all footage, we did not collect any evidence to substantiate the claims of paranormal activity.