Miller's Church near Hagerstown

Site Admin

Miller's Church near Hagerstown

Postby SMP_Steve » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:58 pm

This is another place I visited years back. The place is quaint and the stories are spooky.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say, can and will be used as a flotation device...

Re: Miller's Church near Hagerstown

Postby young-wolfinger » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:35 am

Hey! I actually live on this road! A lot of the supposed "ghost stories" aren't exactly true, as well as the fact that the church in question is usually mis-named as "Millers Church" which it wasn't. It was originally a Lutheran church, the graveyard is still there and you can walk on site, but there are now security cameras to ward against grave vandalism.
A lot of the more interesting stuff on the road doesn't actually pertain to the old Lutheran church at all (not that demonic rituals aren't interesting).
The majority of the ghosts on the road are actually from the Civil War as Lee's army would pass through on his retreat from Gettysburg (actually staying with my family). Yes, violent crazy stuff happened at the church, but the weird white boxes near the Lehman's Mill Road intersection, or the glowing red eyes in the cornfield are personally more interesting. But as I've grown up on this road my whole life I'm fairly desensitized to it all.

Return to “Western Maryland”