Governor's Run Bridge PG county

SMP_Steve
Site Admin

Governor's Run Bridge PG county

Postby SMP_Steve » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:23 pm

I took these years ago while driving home. This is a pretty popular fishing and hunting spot between PG & AA counties.

http://www.somdparanormal.com/PhotoTrips/GovernorsRunBridge/index.html
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say, can and will be used as a flotation device...
SMP_Chris

Re: Governor's Run Bridge PG county

Postby SMP_Chris » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:38 pm

What's the history?

SMP_Steve wrote:I took these years ago while driving home. This is a pretty popular fishing and hunting spot between PG & AA counties.

http://www.somdparanormal.com/PhotoTrips/GovernorsRunBridge/index.html
SMP_Steve
Site Admin

Postby SMP_Steve » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:56 pm

It WAS an old, creepy bridge, a local hangout for kids. There are "666s" and swastikas spray painted all over the steel. This area floods frequently so it can be dangerous.

The story is the basic "Cry Baby Creek" story... Civil war, returning soldier, baby lost in the waters below...

Still want to research if this road even existed back about the time of the Civil War.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say, can and will be used as a flotation device...
SMP_Chris

Postby SMP_Chris » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:12 pm

Nice! Worth looking into I figure.

SMP_Steve wrote:It WAS an old, creepy bridge, a local hangout for kids. There are "666s" and swastikas spray painted all over the steel. This area floods frequently so it can be dangerous.

The story is the basic "Cry Baby Creek" story... Civil war, returning soldier, baby lost in the waters below...

Still want to research if this road even existed back about the time of the Civil War.

Return to “Prince George's County(PG)”