Which ones do you watch?

Discussion of paranormal shows on TV
SMP_Desirae
Site Admin

Which ones do you watch?

Postby SMP_Desirae » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:35 am

I haven't seen any good ones recently, anyone know of any good shows to watch?
DocWill21

Re: Which ones do you watch?

Postby DocWill21 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:38 pm

I pretty much watch all of them my favorites are ghost adventures and ghost Asylum but I also watch ghost Brothers paranormal lockdown Ghost Mine and others
SMP_Chris

Postby SMP_Chris » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:19 pm

I've seen a couple episodes of practically all the shows on TV, and honestly, I'm skeptical about the authenticity of the shows. I used to watch TAPS all the time and was impressed that they took a skeptical approach to the investigations. Rarely did they find real evidence of a haunting. Compare their experience to the current shows, and either TAPS was incompetent or at the wrong locations, because every episode of every current series they find "evidence" of hauntings, entities, etc. I trust that TAPS was competent while these shows are less factual to keep their audience engaged. Just my opinion.

SMP_Desirae wrote:I haven't seen any good ones recently, anyone know of any good shows to watch?
SMP_Steve
Site Admin

Postby SMP_Steve » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:38 am

TV shows are kind of funny. You can only have a "paranormal TV" show as long as you're finding something "paranormal". I too am skeptical of TV. No one wants to watch a TV show on the paranormal world and they don't find anything. Maybe if someone made a show called, "We hunt the paranormal, and find nothing!", it might be worth watching... problem then is; would they purposely NOT find anything, because that's what the viewers expected?

Ghost Hunters appeared to be the best of its time because sometimes they did, and sometimes they didn't...
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say, can and will be used as a flotation device...

Return to “Paranormal shows on TV”